Taking care of your Jewelry
If you own 925 silver- gold plated jewelry, then you'll want to take good care of it so that it lasts a long time. Here are a few tips to help you keep your jewelry looking great & as good as new:
1) Always remove your jewelry before doing any household chores. The chemicals in cleaning supplies can damage the metal plating on your jewelry.
2) Be careful when applying lotions, sunscreen, and perfumes. These products can also harm the metal plating on your jewelry.
3) When not wearing your jewelry, store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or heat.
4) If your jewelry does start to tarnish, don't worry – it's easily remedied. Simply make a paste out of baking soda and water, apply it to the tarnished area, and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing clean. This method is known to be gentle on the gold plating .
5) If you have any questions about how to take care of your specific piece of jewelry, be sure to contact us! We will be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean my jewelry?
1. Fill a small bowl with lukewarm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Mix until it creates bubbles.
2. Soak your gold plated pieces for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse with water
4. Dry with a soft cloth
Silver care tips
Silver is a very reliable metal. When following the right precautions your piece can last you a lifetime.
1. Keep it away from Moister
2. Polish after wearing using polishing cloth and place in microfiber pouch provided
3. Keep away from harsh chemicals
What is gold plating?
Gold plating is a process where a thin layer of 75% gold and 25% alloy metals are bonded onto a base metal. Rivontte uses 925 silver base
Is gold plating real gold?
Yes, it is a thin layer of real gold coated on the silver 925 base.
Does gold plating wear off?
If gold plating is exposed to harsh chemicals or environments, it may start to wear off. However, with the right care tips and techniques that can be avoided all together.
How long does gold plating last?
Gold plating is meant to be permanent when the proper care techniques are followed.
With Each Purchase
We package your order in a microfiber pouch and store it inside a Rivontte jewelry box to help care for your jewelry. We also provide a Rivontte polishing cloth to help to with removing any dirt that may tarnish your jewelry.
Our Microfiber pouch is meant to protect your jewelry from scratches and other damage. Meanwhile Rivontte jewelry box is there to provide a safe place to store jewelry when you’re not wearing it.
All of our products are made from high-quality materials and backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So, whether you're looking to polish your jewelry or keep it safe, we’ve got you covered.
Transactions are handled with bank-grade security.
Our secure checkout is quick and easy to use.
Get in touch
Have questions? Get in touch with us at any time.